社交英語16. 你的機會來了

作者:admin

來源:

2008-10-20 16:42

社交英語16. 你的機會來了

00:00

16. 你的機會來了

Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.
唐: 那位小姐要我謝謝你呢,赫伯特。
Herbert: So?
赫伯特: 所以咧?
Don: So, here's your 1) chance.
唐: 所以,你的機會來了。
Herbert: She's just being 2) polite. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings.
赫伯特: 她只是客氣。她不想傷害我的感情。
Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.
唐: 她接受了你的飲料。那表示她邀你去跟她說話。
Herbert: No, she's too pretty. I'm not in her 4) league.
赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。
Don: Don't blow it, Herbert! Get over there!
唐: 你別搞砸了,赫伯特。趕快過去吧!

語言詳解
A: Did you do the laundry yet?
你洗衣服了嗎?
B: No. I haven't had a chance to do it.
還沒,我還沒找到機會。
【to hurt someone's feelings 傷(某人的)心,傷(某人的)感情】
讓人覺得難堪、悲傷、沮喪、自卑等負面的情緒,就是to hurt someone's feelings。
A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.
你那樣說傷了我的心。
B: I'm sorry. You misunderstood me.
對不起。你誤會我了。
【to be in someone's league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)屬于同一類】
若要表示“配不上” 、“不同屬一類” ,除了把be改成be not,也可以說to be out of someone's league.
A: Look at the new girl! She's definitely my type.
你看那個新來的女生!她絕對是我要的型。
B: Keep dreaming. She's out of your league.
繼續做夢吧,她不是你配得上的。
1) chance (n.) 機會
2) polite (a.) 客氣的,禮貌的
3) invite (v.) 邀請
4) league (n.) 同一伙人,團體

网络彩票漏洞群 阜城县| 乌拉特前旗| 武隆县| 尚志市| 汝南县| 通州区| 和政县| 多伦县| 龙山县| 吐鲁番市| 南川市| 阿克陶县| 涿州市| 威信县| 塘沽区| 宁远县| 凌海市| 赫章县| 南阳市| 刚察县| 蒙阴县| 山西省| 金溪县| 手游| 大同市| 新巴尔虎右旗| 右玉县| 宁强县| 关岭| 建瓯市| 四会市| 玉田县| 望谟县| 麦盖提县| 民权县| 南康市| 合山市| 乌拉特后旗| 阜城县| 乌拉特前旗| 武隆县| 尚志市| 汝南县| 通州区| 和政县| 多伦县| 龙山县| 吐鲁番市| 南川市| 阿克陶县| 涿州市| 威信县| 塘沽区| 宁远县| 凌海市| 赫章县| 南阳市| 刚察县| 蒙阴县| 山西省| 金溪县| 手游| 大同市| 新巴尔虎右旗| 右玉县| 宁强县| 关岭| 建瓯市| 四会市| 玉田县| 望谟县| 麦盖提县| 民权县| 南康市| 合山市| 乌拉特后旗|